Senior Data Engineer (Snowflake + Azure) - Remote
SpringML is seeking a Snowflake Data Engineer to join our fast growing Snowflake Practice. You will play a critical role in our client engagements using the Snowflake Platform and various cloud technology tools. You will also support pre-sales efforts.
We are a tight-knit, friendly team of passionate and driven people. Our core values include putting our customers first, empathy and transparency, and innovation.
This is a remote position, and includes both the United States and Canada. Some travel (10-15%) to client locations may be required in the future.
- You will work as part of our team to deliver customized solutions that meet and exceed clients’ needs
- Ability to lead an in-depth client meeting / workshop across a broad range of topics including cloud migrations, application development, and data analytics
- Understand project requirements and be responsible for creating, modifying, maintaining and supporting solutions
- Understand and consistently exercise engineering best practices, concepts, and patterns
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and ensure these risks are effectively identified and escalated to be measured, monitored and controlled
- Proactively identify opportunities and areas for improvement
- Participate in knowledge sharing with the team and mentor junior engineers
- Provide assistance to create detailed and clear Statement of work (SOW) that includes the scope, proposed solution architecture, deliverables, and level of effort.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, IT, or Computer Science OR 10+ years experience in cloud technologies
- Experience in setting up and managing Snowflake in Azure
- Experience with Azure Data Factory to integrate data from various systems
- Hands-on experience with Snowflake Role Based Access (RBAC), query optimization and virtual warehouse resource monitors/optimizations
- Experience building data pipelines including Snowpipe; experience creating automation for Snowflake processes
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally to ensure customer service excellence
- Intermediate level understanding of business operations, risk management, industry practices and emerging trends.
Additional Qualifications a Plus:
- Experience with Fivetran and/or Talend tools
- In-depth knowledge of Data Vault 2.0 Methodology
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Possess Data Visualization and Reporting skills
- Experience with Java and/or Python languages
- Snowflake Certifications