At SpringML, we are all about empowering the 'doers' in companies to make smarter decisions with their data. Our predictive analytics products and solutions apply machine learning to today's most pressing business problems so customers get insights they can trust to drive business growth.
We are a tight-knit, friendly team of passionate and driven people who are dedicated to learning, get excited to solve tough problems and like seeing results, fast. Our core values include placing our customers first, empathy and transparency, and innovation. We are a team with a focus on individual responsibility, rapid personal growth, and execution. If you share similar traits, we want you on our team.
What's the opportunity?
SpringML is seeking an experienced Proposal Writer responsible for leading the bids/proposals functions within the organization. You will play a critical role in targeting new clients and new business. The candidate will contribute to strategy development for searching out promising new business opportunities and clients and turning those opportunities into new business for the company. You will assist in identifying and qualifying new business and positioning SpringML as the contractor of choice for opportunities which align with our core capabilities and targeted growth within the Public Sector.
- Analyse RFP to understand client’s business requirements and technical needs.
- Able to plan/conduct/participate in proposal kick off meetings/storyboarding sessions.
- Able to prepare/review/edit RFP response, collaborating with technical team for inputs.
- Able to articulate/highlight business and technical benefits with solution specifics.
- Able to maintain tone/style/terminology consistency all through the RFP response.
- Maintain/prioritize/manage deliverable schedules across proposal lifecycle.
- Lead storyboard sessions with bid / proposal team members and key stakeholders.
- Maintaining consistency in proposal writing by following company guidelines.
- Manage multiple concurrent proposals with strict adherence to deadlines and guidelines
- Collaborate with Business Units to conduct pre-RFP solution sessions and gain understanding of win strategies and ensure proposal responses include business perspective, key messages, value proposition, and differentiators against competition
- Review and analyse draft and final RFPs and related documents to create compliant supporting proposal materials
- Collaborate with capture teams and subject matter experts on persuasive writing and proposal best practices
- Prepare and execute detailed proposal plans, schedules, outlines, and other response documentation requiring skills in Google Workspace.
- Coordinate and conduct proposal meetings/events (e.g., Kick-off Meetings, Price Strategy Meetings, Colour Team reviews, etc.), including arranging facilities, communicating with participants, and preparing materials
- Manage writing assignments and receipt of all proposal materials with authors and teaming partners in accordance with the proposal timeline
- Monitor all RFP documents, modifications, requirements, and proposal deliverables
- Serves as point of contact for all Prime and Subcontractor support members (writers, solution architects, graphic designers, etc.)
- Collect and edit proposal materials to ensure compliance with all RFP terms and conditions
- Provide detailed guidance to proposal contributors and partners or subcontractors
- Communicate proposal-related requirements and status with senior management
- Develop targeted questions and consult technical and program management staff to extract information necessary to develop technical and managerial solutions
- Manage the production and delivery of the final proposal (adhere to all formatting directives, production and publication guidelines)
- Monitor and track upcoming RFPs to prepare win strategies for future proposal activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Proven experience in proposal management
- Prior experience in building RFP responses using AWS, Azure or Google Cloud is preferred
- Ability to work independently, multitask and coordinate activities across a range of functional areas.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Cross-cultural experience of working in a global environment.
- Good strategic planning skills.
- Strong Attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Management or Mass communication or related expertise.
- 3-5 years of Related Experience in the IT industry.